Leadership role with responsibility for taxes within upstream energy business.
Reporting in to the CFO you will have overall responsibility for taxes, to include advisory, compliance and reporting and for managing the relationship with HMRC.
- Advise on the structure of M&A opportunities in relation to corporate and asset transactions.
- Tax planning to ensure optimum utilisation of tax attributes across the business.
- Ensure the Board understand their tax obligations including publication of the Tax Strategy.
- Filing of the UK Corporate Tax returns of the UK business.
- Review of the quarterly tax provisions and prepare / review tax disclosures.
- Prepare / review statutory tax disclosures and provisions.
- Manage the tax relationship with the auditors.
- Keep abreast of technical developments and attend and contribute towards industry wide bodies.
Strengths & Behaviours
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS/ ACCA) or CTA
- Sound working knowledge of ring fence taxation.
- Developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well developed analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm and the ability to multi- task.